The mission of the Niagara Thunder Basketball Club is to provide young people the opportunity to learn and enjoy the game of basketball at a highly competitive level. We offer a program, which will develop and improve individual as well as team skills, promote good sportsmanship, team spirit, and encourage club loyalty. The club demands a high degree of ethical conduct by all its coaches, players, volunteers, and parents so that it provides a good example for the community, opponents, and its participants, thus helping their growth to adulthood. By accomplishing these goals, the Niagara Thunder will provide our players with additional exposure to the game of basketball thereby enhancing their opportunity to play at high school level or beyond.
Goals and Objectives
1. Offer a program that focuses on basketball skills development, team play, basketball education, and positive club activities. Provide team players with an opportunity to have fun!
2. To be financially sound and provide affordable membership to all those who are willing and able to make a commitment to our club.
3. Promote member family involvement.
4. Provide coaching of the highest quality available and use other resources that enhance player development.
5. Be an example of class and quality, conducting ourselves in an honourable and sportsmanlike manner.
6. Strive to seek out the strongest competition. Strong competition helps the team improve and reveals our weaknesses.
7. To be a positive force in the local community by seeking out opportunities for community service such as donating time and funds to charitable organizations such as Mcmaster Sick Kids.
The Niagara Thunder Basketball Club has high standards for everyone involved in the club.
PLAYERS – All Niagara Thunder players must demonstrate a commitment to the game of basketball through teamwork, hustle, intensity, and a positive attitude. All players are expected to possess the following talents and attributes necessary to blend their personality and physical skills into the team unit:
Character: Respect for others, “CAN DO” attitude, concern to see others succeed.
Athletic Ability: Speed, above average ball handling and shooting, average agility, and maintain peak physical conditioning.
Conduct: Follow the directions and guidance provided by team coaches. Behavior that leaves a positive impression when representing the Niagara Thunder Organization. Show no disrespect towards game officials, fans, other athletes, or coaches. Do not use profanity, or ethnic or racial slurs. Do not strike or otherwise physically abuse other athletes. Never exhibit unsportsmanlike conduct.