Player Code of Conduct
As a Player, I will:
1. Attend and be prompt to all games and practices;
2. Come to practices and games with proper equipment (Practice/game shirt, shorts, shoes, no jewelry, hair tied back, water…)
3. Train and play to the best of my ability;
4. Win without boasting; Accept defeat with dignity and class;
5. Have a positive attitude and never quit;
6. Respect officials and accept their decisions without question;
7. Only give encouragement to my fellow teammates;
8. Exemplify sportsmanship;
9. Respect myself, my coach, teammates and opponents;
10. Learn and obey the rules of the game;
11. Notify the coach or team manager if I will be tardy for or unable to attend a game, training session, or team meeting; Signup up to play is a commitment to the team. Every effort must be made to attend all practices and games and to be on time for both. Multi-sport athletes must recognize the effect they create on a team when two sports compete for the athlete’s time. Players, Parents and Coaches must work together, communicate and remember the Thunder philosophy and goals.
12. Immediately report any illness or injury to my head coach.
I will never:
1. Engage in dissent directed toward an official;
2. Leave a game field or training session without the permission of my coach;
3. Participate in excessive and irresponsible horseplay;
4. Make excuses if my team loses a game;
5. Use profane language;
6. Forget that I represent the Niagara Thunder Basketball Club Inc.